Joshua is perceive himself as technically experienced and open-hearted person: For him, joy and sense at work are not illusory nice-to-haves, but highest priority.
He loves to create and turn visions into reality - with heart, hand and mind. He likes to do things, both as part of a team and alone.
Joshua is characterized by the following unique combination:
- Technically experienced fullstack web developer with 10+ years of experience in the frontend and backend.
- Accessibility consultant with 4 years of professional experience as part of the inclusive team of the Foundation "Access for all", half of which is made up of people with physical disabilities (such as the blind). Graduate of the Bachelor of Science in Psychology (with minor in Computer Science).
- WCAG (Web Content Accessibility Guidelines) 2.0 and WCAG 2.1
- ARIA (Accessible Rich Internet Applications)
- BBC Mobile Accessibility Guidelines
He can also count on years of experience in handling assistive technologies such as screen reader, zoom, high contrast and switch control (keyboard only), both on Desktop (Windows, macOS) and Mobile platforms (iOS, Android).
Founder of the «Accessibility Developer Guide»
The best reference for my skills is the «Accessibility Developer Guide» (ADG), the comprehensive online platform for developing accessible websites.
I am the initiator and main contributor of the ADG: as an employee of «Access for all», I conceived it over several years on my own initiative and from 2017 finally developed it as an official project with the foundation. Most of the contents come from my pen.
Over the past few months, a group of several renowned Swiss web agencies has formed around the ADG:
As «Accessibility Alliance» we will officially hand over the ADG to the public on 19 June 2018 as an Open Source project.
Even after my departure from «Access for all», I will continue to be actively involved in the further development of the ADG as part of the open source community.
Flexible to your needs
Be it a consulting on site, a hack session directly in your code together with your developers, a live test session of your website "per remote" (incl. video recording of it) or an individual webinar:
With my experience I form the optimal interface for the otherwise often difficult gap between providers of electronic media and the needs of affected end users.
I therefore support you actively and specifically in developing simple and nevertheless modern, technically clean solutions which are 100% accessible for any requirements.
Tell me what you need and we will work out a pragmatic way together, which will support you quickly and goal-oriented with minimum effort.